Who remembers Glamour Shots? Ha! Seriously, if you were born in the 80's most likely you know about those super 90's photoshoots. For my younger readers, Glamour Shots was a studio where you were provided props, costumes, makeup, and hair. By the time you were done being primped you felt like a total queen - a real diva! Back in the day, film had to be processed, it wasn’t like today’s iPhone, but even then you could actually see some of your shots right away. It really was the coolest. I'll never forget that leopard hat and the matching leopard coat. Oh Jesus! I wouldn't be caught dead in that now, no leopard for me these days. But I can’t escape it, 17 years later, my mom still has the framed pictures hung in her home.
Nothing haunts you for the rest of your life your Glamour Shots. Nothing. In fact, google: glamour shots. You’re welcome. Now take the widest turn possible to my friends over at Spin Gallery. These people know how to do a classy, minimalistic studio shoot. I wanted to take family photos, (Side note: Can you believe I haven't take family photos since Giuliana's 1st birthday?!) This past Christmas season felt like the perfect time for a family photo. We decided to go with a black background. I know what you’re thinking, Geri with a black background? Yes, ma'am! I wanted to venture out from the white, pastel, and all things pink.
Here are a few tips I learned from our most recent family photo:
1. Choose a timeless color backdrop - stay away from massive props and furniture.
2. Choose a simple wardrobe - when dressing your kids and spouse, go for color tones in the same family, which will bring a cohesive look together.
3. Get your hair and make up done. Simple and classic is best. It’s worth it. You will have these pictures for a lifetime!
4. Invest in a good photographer so you are happy with the results.
5. So basically, don’t do anything you did for your infamous Glamour Shots photoshoot! Haha.
Below are links to what we wore :)
Thanks for stopping by!