Spring has sprung! Kinda like the clutter of toys in G's closet. Not sure about you, but this momma right here does a spring cleaning every 4-6 months, at least. I give away, throw away, or sell any toys that G has not played with in a while (30 days or more, on average).
For us its a bit easy, since Giuliana plays with certain toys on a consistent basis. So, every season I know what she's into. Once she's done and not interested anymore she puts it away in one of the toys bins.
Here are a few things I do during my spring cleaning, that I'd love to share with you all:
1. Make sure your kids are not around when purging their toy bins & closet.
2. Take everything out to a large organized space (like a living or family room).
3. Make 3 piles: give away, throw away, sell (usually expensive electronics).
4. Once you get rid of items, pack them up and take them to goodwill or any local donation center that accepts gently used toys.
5. For those items that you want to sell, I suggest posting on Offer Up, Let, Facebook Market or another local market.
6. Once you have cleaned it all up, get yourself clear containers and organize all items by category. For example: all LOL dolls, all Shopkins, all Disney figurines, etc. Each respective group of toys have a bin. Label them so you know what they are.
Once you are all done with your spring cleaning, show your child what you just did and explain the benefits of giving away toys to those that are less fortunate. Teach them how to practice generosity!
Thanks for stopping by!